3x Sarracenia x Catesbaei (Flava x Purpurea) 6-8 inches in height and sent bare root as pictured in the last photo. Note: The pitchers may need to be bent or cut back to fit in the postal box!
Sarracenia x Catesbaei (Flava x Purpurea) is a vigorous hybrid with a green to yellow hood and deep red lip. Its a great mix of both species and as a result is very hardy and easy to grow provided you follow a few simple rules -
- On receipt of plant(s) immediately pot up in ideally a 1 litre or larger container.
- DO NOT use compost or fertiliser, carnivorous plants require a nutrient free medium. We prefer to use Spaghnum or Irish moss peat but any peat substitue such as coir or coco peat should work fine.
- Place in direct sunlight ideally outside for best growing conditions.
- If possible place them in a deep tray with up to 1 Inch of water for best growing conditions. Keep moist at all times and never let them dry out, only in winter months you should reduce water levels to prevent root rot but never let them dry out.
- Where possible use rain water as most house-hold tap water will be harmful to carnivorous plants.
- Additional Information
Colour No Flowers No Height x Spread No Restock Date N/A